Welcome to Adelaide
If you drive a car, petrol and parking expenses can quickly become a burden.
Luckily, Collins Academy is located metres away from the closest bus station, making it easy for you to save money when travelling to and from our campus.
Consider riding a bike as an alternative to driving or taking public transport. Cycling can be a great way to keep fit while getting you around town. If you live relatively close, walking to Collins Academy campus can be a cost-efficient method of transport.
In order to best save money, Collins Academy advises that students:
– Buy generic or home brand products;
– Shop only once a week: the less you shop, the more you save;
– Take advantage of specials and discounts;
– Bring lunch from home, rather than buying food; and
– Avoid shopping at corner stores, petrol stations and other convenience store locations.
– In the event that you are at the Collins Academy campus without food, there are many food options available in the area.
The following is a guide to the fees (not including course fees) an average student can expect to pay, including basic monthly expenses and costs of some regularly purchased items:
Prior to arrival in Australia (one-time AUD)
– Student Visa As per the DHA website: www.border.gov.au
– Overseas Student Health Cover Varies based on duration of student visa
– Travel to Australia Varies based on departure location
– Accommodation Bond (refundable deposit) Four to six weeks rent worth
– Rent in advance One to two weeks rent worth
After arrival in Australia (monthly expenses in AUD)
– Two-bedroom Apartment/One-bedroom/Shared House Rent $1120 – $1640/$645 – $1075
– Utilities, i.e. gas, electricity and water $100 – $150
– Food $400 – $500
– Mobile phone $40 – $50 $40 – $50
– Internet $30 – $50 (Possibly included in rent)
– Public transport $30 – $60 $30 – $60
– Recreation $200 – $300
– Total per month $1920 – $2750 $1355 – $2045
Total expenses over the duration of the AUR30616 course (60 weeks, not including course fees) $28800 – $41250 $20325 – $30675
Total expenses over the duration of the AUR40216 course (28 weeks, not including course fees) $13440 – $19250 $9485 – $14315
Total expenses over the duration of the AUR50116 course (52 weeks, not including course fees) $24960 – $35750 $17615 – $26585
Collins Academy has full educational facilities, equipment, and support resources to cater for you, including: